Sunday, September 23, 2007

Oregon Flock and Fiber

I've been sitting here at my computer for 20 minutes trying to figure out where to start with this blog posting. OK, here goes - this past weekend I spent all day Saturday and part of Sunday at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival in Canby Oregon. I helped my friend Chrissy in her booth where we sold her patterns and a lot of sock yarn left over from when she was selling sock kits. Here is a picture of Chrissy in the booth just as we were finishing setting up on Saturday:

We had a really great time. Working in a booth, or just sitting in one, is the way to go if you can manage it. We had a place to leave our stuff when we needed to wander off and place to sit when there were no other seats to be had. Best of all though, everyone came to us - s0 there were lots of opportunities to chat with friends, make new ones and generally network.

I'm sure I won't remember everyone I saw or met, but here are a few of the folks I had the pleasure of interacting with this weekend: Cindy, Amanda, Judy, Trish, Chrispy and Yvonne. Additionally, I got to meet Patsy and Mims, the lovely ladies behind the new Oregon Live Knitting blog, as well as the woman who is the brains behind Moirae Knitting. Unfortunately I can't remember her name - I'm so sorry. It was great meeting you in person though and welcome to Oregon!

Really, the people made this a great weekend for me, as well as the fact that this was definitely a successful event for Chrissy. Yeah Chrissy!

Today however, I finally got a chance to wander into the animal barns and saw some very unusual things. Of course, there were lots of beautiful Alpacas, like this one, as well as sheep, goats and bunnies. All lovely and fluffy.

After visiting the little guy above, I went around a corner and saw this.


It is a young yak. There was an adult standing near it and I was surprised at how small they are - I think the adults looked smaller than a Shetland pony. Anyway, as if that wasn't enough of a surprise, I then practically ran into this:


Yes, that is a camel! How crazy is that? Apparently this one was only 7 months old and about 1/3 of the way grown. It was very friendly and quiet soft.

They kind of make this guy look normal. Tomorrow, if I get a chance, I will tell you about some of the yarny goodness that followed me home. I doubt I'll tell you about all of it because some secrets are better left between me and my bank account...the husband knows and didn't freak out. Yet another reason why I love him!

No comments: