Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Fall Into Autumn" Swap Questionnaire

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?

I knit, haven’t tried my hand at crochet since I was about 10 years old. I have been knitting for about 2 years.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?

I actually have not made dishcloths before, but have been thinking about it and am looking forward to giving it a go. I do use them myself. My sister, who is also a knitter, has given me several nice ones.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?

I really like Peaches and Crème cotton, it’s really soft. I would be open to trying any cotton that was suitable for dishcloths.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?

I am really flexible and I actually use both circular and straight needles, made of wood, metal and plastic. It just depends on what I’m making, what fiber I’m using and what’s not in use for another project.

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?

Beyond a doubt, my favorite colors are blue, purple, green and red in jewel tones. Interestingly enough, I have not decorated any of my house with those colors though.

I am generally not a big fan of pastels, although there are occasional exceptions.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?

Do I have to pick one thing? Autumn is my favorite season. I love the crisp air, the leaves turning color, fresh apple cider, going to the pumpkin patch with my kids…

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!

Pumpkin and apple. I am allergic to tree nuts, so pecan is not appealing to me.

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?

I could not wait for school to start. I still miss it.

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)

Love Halloween, although I am not much of a Halloween decorator.

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?

Chocolate, Peanut butter (the one “nut” I can eat), fresh berries.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)

Two daughters, ages 4 and 2, one husband who stays at home with them while I work. We also have 2 cats that are both white and “fluffy”. I don’t think I’ve ever blogged about the cats…weird.

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?

I would probably say plain old wool because it is dependable, warm and is more flexible than might at first appear.

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?

Both.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)

I love them both.

Halloween is great because what other day of the year are you encouraged to be someone completely different? It’s also a lot more fun since I’ve had kids – they get so excited!

Thanksgiving has always been a big deal in my family. I started cooking the big meal and hosting dinner when I was in college. With rare exception, I still host dinner every year for at least a few extended family members and various friends. I love to cook and I love to spend time with people I care about, so it is one of my favorite days of the year.

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?

As I’ve already mentioned, I am allergic to tree nuts. I also loathe beets with a passion I reserve for few things, but I suppose that might not be very useful for my swap partner... Otherwise, I can’t think of anything else to mention.

2 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I'm excited about the "Fall into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap!!

You have some beautiful Lacy knits on your blog!!

Anonymous said...

I hate beets, too! I really, really tried to like them, because the colour is so nice, but man do I hate them...

~ "Kat Bamboo..." your secret dishcloth swap pal!