Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Wow, I was so surprised when I went over to Amanda's blog yesterday and found she had nominated me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. Really? Aw shucks. Since I've been blogging for a grand total of a week now, I feel like she is being very kind. I am going to use the fact that I have only been blogging for a week as the reason I don't have 5 folks to nominate. I know, it's so bad not to return the favor. However, everyone I would like to nominate already has been. Thanks Amanda!




On the knitting front, I finished the "pink baby blanket I thought would never end". Now I am trying to decided if I will block it or not. It is lacy, but it is also a cotton/tencel blend and I am afraid it will stretch a lot if I am not super careful. You see, I was a really bad knitter and never made a swatch, so I don't know how it will behave when it is washed. I figured "It's a baby blanket. It's not like it's not going to fit". So, I'm going to stew on it for awhile and maybe, if I feel like it, I'll knit a swatch so I can test wash it.

I had the best day today, by the way. The kids have not been sleeping really well and my husband, being the wonderful stay at home dad that he is, frequently takes care of them during the night if they wake up. So, he has been getting very little sleep lately. Since I work in my home office, I get a front row seat to his day and could see that he was losing it and really wasn't enjoying being a parent today. My schedule was light so I decided to take the afternoon off and whisk the kids away. We spent 4 1/2 hours at the zoo and he spent the afternoon sleeping. Everyone is feeling much better now. Keep your fingers crossed, but I think I wore the girls out. They're both asleep now, let's hope they stay that way until a reasonable hour tomorrow. By the way girls, that does not mean 4 AM!

No comments: