So, I finished another pair of socks last week. I added them to the Summer of Socks group on Ravelry, but haven't gotten around to putting them up on the blog until now.
Little V. has been asking me to knit myself a pair of socks to match hers, which I blogged about here. It seemed like a good time to oblige. Not much to say about these other than they were a pleasant enough knit and I liked watching the stripes change. With this yarn, the stripes never quite match, so it is always interesting to see how they turn out.
For anyone keeping track, these are pair number 4 for Summer of Socks. My goal is to knit one pair per week and so far I am on track.
Since I am well into 2 other pairs at the moment, I thought I would show their progress, just so you don't think I'm going to some magic hand-knit sock store and buying all of the finished pairs.
One down, one barely started. In this case, I did not start the striping in an intelligent (i.e. easily reproducible) way. Not sure what I was thinking, but I am now having a hard time motivating myself to get sock #2 going. The stripes are so regular, I HAVE to try to get them to match...sigh.
One down, the second well under way. These are one of my favorite sock projects to date and I am loving every minute of them.
More details on both pairs when I get them finished.
In other knitting news, I have been asked to knit a "yellow duck with blue feet and a blue bill" by a certain small animal lover around here. She actually purchased the yarn herself with her kitty sitting funds, so I feel obliged to comply. We'll see when I can bear to put the socks down...