Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fred Flintstone Socks

Yes, that's right, it's another pair of socks. Any non-sock knitters who may have looked in on my blog before are probably running for the hills. Not only am I knitting a zillion socks, but I also keep knitting plain old boring socks. In my defense though, the cool yarns I have been lucky enough to get to use have been keeping me very entertained. Also, work is kicking my butt, so stockinette in the round has been just about the right speed the last couple of weeks.

So. here are the latest socks - a pair of fun ones for the hubby:

Pattern: Same old, same old, Yarn: Blue Moon Socks that Rock, Heavyweight, Colorway: Fred Flintstone

The hubby asked for some really heavy socks since his feet are always cold. This was the heaviest sock yarn I had, so we went with it. He is very happy with the results. Actually, to be honest with you, he didn't really understand why I would ever want hand knit socks. He understood the colors were nice, but really didn't get why I would want to put all of that effort into something that would wear out. Then he tried the first one on and was hooked. His comment was "Why can't a store bought sock fit like this?" I said "it might have something to do with the fact that these were knit to fit your foot exactly!"

Trouble is, now I have created another monster who wants to make sure he has a place in line with everyone else for new socks. What a shame I am hating the sock knitting so much, huh?

By the way, this yarn also came from the Blue Moon stash sale last November. It was already wound and only had the "seconds" tag on the outside, which does not list the color. However, when I pulled the end out of the ball to start knitting, another tag had been stuffed inside that said this was the "Fred Flintstone" colorway. A quick search on Ravelry has confirmed it is accurate.

Here's one last shot. I think the hubby could have a career in sock modeling ahead of him, don't you?

I have another pair of socks already on the needles and am nearly done with the heal flap for the first one. It is another pair for me. I figure, if I follow the 1 pair for someone else, 1 pair for me plan I should have plenty of socks in short order. Not too many, because I don't think there is such a thing!

No comments: