Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Life with a 2 1/2 year old

My little V. is a wonderful, interesting and often very frustrating person. She is, after all, 2 1/2. In order to keep my sanity, I try to write down the particularly sweet and funny things she does and says. I wanted to note a few here, so they are recorded for posterity and I can look back on them when I need a little lift.

1. When I returned from my recent trip, not only did she insist on sleeping with me the first night, she actually slept on me. I think she wanted to make sure I didn't take off again while she was asleep!
2. She is a later sleeper than everyone else in the family. When she wakes up in the morning, she shouts as loudly as she can "I'm awake!". The expected response is for everyone else to come into her room and greet her. If we don't, we hear "I'm awake" with lots of emphasis repeated until we do.
3. She came running up to me the other day and said "Mommy, my bottom burped". I love that!

OK, back to the regularly scheduled knitting.

Current WIPs:

-Kiri Shawl - not much further along than the last picture - I am nearly done with the 5th repeat of chart 2. What a treat this project is, I love that Malabrigo!
-Basic vest for hubby- includes "acres of stockinette". The back is complete, front just started. This was my knitting for the many hours spent in the booth at TNNA.
-Great American Afghan Squares - I completed one this week, but forgot to take a picture before turning it into the shop. Not sure it would have photographed well anyway. Another is nearly complete. That should be the end of my contribution to this project. Hopefully I can get a picture of the final afghan when it is complete. I saw the original at TNNA and it was inspirational.
-Dishcloths - I knit 2 late last week, but the pictures did not turn out well - too dark. I will be knitting more soon for the dishcloth swap I am participating in.

So, not much interesting to look at here. As usual, I have 800 (or so) projects I want to start. However, I usually try to stick to a few until they are done. We'll see how long that lasts...

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

It's so cute that she asked if you "knit" her! My 2 1/2 yr. old calls it "yarning".

Have a great day!