I had such a good time with the "Fall Into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap that I decided to sign up for the Winter round. Below is my completed questionnaire:
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? Knit only
2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Usually size 7 straight needles. Actually, in the last round my partner sent me a really nice package containing three sets of straight needles (sizes 6, 7, 8). I think these have been in constant rotation since they arrived and are perfect for knitting dishcloths.
3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try? I like Peaches and Creme the best.
4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)? Kitchen: bright yellow and dark red, Bathroom #1: dark blue and white, Bathroom #2: lavender and white (not by choice, when we bought the house, we inherited a 40 year old lavender bathtub with it)
5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite? I love dark, bright colors, especially jewel tones. My favorite colors are blues, purples and greens. I am less attracted t0 pastels and especially don't like peach.
6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends? I do like Winter. I love to get out my warm clothes and snuggle in front of the fireplace. However, in Oregon it is usually pretty gray for most of the Winter, so I do get a little tired of it from time to time.
7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps? With small children I find I have far fewer of those "down in the dumps" kind of days. If I start to feel that way I just spend some time with them and I always feel better. Their outlook is always so fresh that it gives me a new perspective.
8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps? Dark chocolate, yummy baked goods.
9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa? I do not drink coffee. I never acquired the taste. I do love tea though and drink it daily. I love all kinds of tea but seem to be on a green tea kick at the moment. I also indulge in cocoa on occasion.
10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? Hmmm, this is a great question. What a great opportunity for a little afternoon day dreaming! I have a friend who just returned from Scandinavia, which sounds like a great place to visit- although perhaps not in Winter. If I'm leaving tomorrow, I think I'd rather go someplace warm, like Jamaica or Barbados.
11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? I am very allergic to tree nuts. Also, I do not like strong artificial scents - so scented candles, for example, are not a good choice for me.