Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Very Tiny Finished Object

It feels like it has been awhile since I've checked in over here on the old blog. Ravelry is lots of fun, but has not been entirely responsible for my absence. Life is just busy.

On the knitting front, I'm still plugging away on the sample I'm knitting. I've actually been asked to knit another sample for All About Yarn. Even though it is also lace, it will be my "easy, taking around town knitting". So, all the knitting happening around here is for other folks...hmf. Interesting. I'm at the point where I am enjoying both though, so I think that makes it OK.

I did complete a very little project on Saturday. I started it in the early morning, when A. got up at 6:00 AM. Then worked on it during the second installment of the lace class I taught and finished it in the afternoon when the hubby and I ran around and did some errands. Details below.

By the way, am I the only one who has given up all driving when the hubby is in the car - so that I can knit? What a bonus! Since he can't read in the car and doesn't knit, he is always happy to oblige and takes on all of the family driving. I actually feel sort of cheated when I have to drive myself places now. I am so spoiled.
Pattern: Baby Hat from One Skein, size small
Yarn: Classic Elite's Lush, aprox. 20 grams
Time to knit: About 3 hours, maybe.

This project has been riding around in my knitting bag for months, so I decided to finally just work on it and it was done before I knew it. It seems either my husband or one of his band mates is always asking me to knit up baby gifts, so I thought I would just get a step ahead of them and have a gender neutral one waiting in the stash.

By the way, I love this yarn. It is so soft! I recommend at least touching it if you see it in your LYS.

No comments: