Tuesday, July 31, 2007

This afternoon the husband and I decided it was high time we hit the new Portland IKEA. We have been longtime IKEA lovers, making the trek to Seattle every once in awhile to stock up on all sorts of interesting items - you know, IKEA type items.

Anyway, this visit was a long time coming. We actually decided not to go to the Seattle store from the moment we heard they were building one in Portland. So, it's been a couple of years. This has been a particularly difficult wait for me because I want a bed!

Let me explain. We have two small children. We all occasionally sleep in the same bed and did more so when the girls were babies. My husband is a bit of a worry wort and was concerned about the girls falling out of the bed when they were little. So, he insisted that we get a King size mattress and that we keep it on the floor. I'm all for safe babies too, so the mattress has stayed on the floor for two years now, just waiting for the girls to get a little bigger and for IKEA to open.

So, this afternoon was the big shopping trip and I was dead set on leaving with a bed. However, I did not. I always forget about the amount of space those car seats take up! AHHH!

Soon, that's all I'm saying about when we're going back.

We did get a nice new Duvet. Here's a link, if you want to see what it looks like. We have it with the black side up at the moment.

What's that, "Where's the knitting?" you ask. Oh, well, that will come with time too. I'm currently working on a little sweater, a scarf, a baby blanket and a vest for the husband. One of those things is bound to get finished up some day soon, right?

No comments: