I have decided to go outside of my normal policy of not showing my loved ones' faces on the blog to present you with a peak at the man I am proud to call my life partner. The picture below was taken just a couple of months before our wedding, when we were on a trip to New England. He looks so well rested! Obviously, this was before the girls arrived. And yes, for you who know him in person, he is blonde in this picture. He was actually blonde when I met him, but has reverted to his natural hair color in recent years.
Since we have been married five years, I thought I would list five reasons why I am so happy to be married to him. I could list hundreds, but thought five would be a good number for now.
- One of the very first things that attracted me to my husband was his gentle nature. He is, to the core of his being, a kind and gentle person who really cares about others and the world around him. I strive to be more like him in this regard every day.
- No matter what size, shape or disposition I am sporting, he loves me and accepts me for who I am. Seriously.
- He is an excellent and very proud father. There is nothing sexier than a man who cleans up puke in the middle of the night or who gently deals with a screaming two year old in the grocery store.
- He is very confident and comfortable with himself and who he is, even in our "non-traditional" family. There is a lot of pressure on men in our society relevant to roles and what it means to be a man. He knows he is being the best man he can be by taking care of our girls every day while I work. It's what's best for us and, therefore, he does it. Usually with no complaints.
- If he goes to bed before I do, he always falls asleep on my side. Then, when I go to bed, he moves over so I have a nice warm spot. How cool is that?
Here's to many, many more anniversaries with my love!